Thursday, March 22, 2007

Y10 Monologue RSDV

I couldn’t close my eyes. That night was eternal for me, what Lana the preppy, skinny, blond, “lovely”, popular girl of the entire school said to me stayed in my mind all day long. I simply couldn’t believe it, how could she dare to say that! I just cant believe she had the courage to say that in front of me, in front of everyone!

I thought it was a better idea just to pretend I didn’t listen, but I cant cheat myself, I listened, and quite well.

I’m not saying its not true. Because it is. I’m fat! But why cant she say it in a softer way, or not in front of him, in front of the most handsome and popular boy at the whole school! I never said I like him or something like that, no, no, he would never like a girl that has all her thoughts in pizza, hamburgers, McDonalds, burger king or that with the time she might have a heart disease, diabetes, low life expectancy or high blood pressure, I’m not saying I’m going to have someday those problems because I’m not that fat, well, just if you see me besides some other girls at school, you can se the imperfections I have some tummy, big arms ,big legs nothing to worry about, I think I’m not the one with a problem, no, maybe the other girls are way to skinny.

Who am I lying to? I am fat, maybe that’s why I’m alone at break time, or that my first and only kiss was...in a dream. I would love to be one of those skinny girls at the magazines, that have perfect bodies, and they lives seem to look perfect full of love, people admiring them, but someday, I promise someday I will get to be a skinny girl, with a handsome boyfriend full of happiness and love, however that’s in the future but now its simply me.

No comments: